Pages

Friday 10 May 2013

Coconut curry, for one.

My plans tonight got changed a little bit but that's okay with me, such is life! I figured I would take the opportunity to make myself a really delicious dinner. I stopped off on the way home from work to pick up a couple of things (although at that point I really did not know what I was planning to prepare). I walked past the potatoes and it hit me! CURRY! The other night a coworker and I were craving some curry, but the establishment across the street was not willing to make it without the chicken. For some reason they believed that the chicken needed to be boiled with the other components to get a good flavour! I thought, to heck with that! You don't need meat products to create flavour.

I picked up some potatoes, snow peas, onion and green pepper and headed home!

I have to admit, what was about to occur in my kitchen was something I was not prepared for! Since I am not a huge fan of an extremely curry-esque curry I opted for coconut curry.



Ingredients were as follows:
3 medium red potatoes (cubed and skins on)
1/2 huge white onion (cubed)
1 smallish green pepper (sliced)
large handful of snow peas
1 can coconut milk
2ish tbps of curry powder
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp crushed garlic
salt/pepper

Steps:
1. Par boil the potatoes (I would say about 6 minutes shy of being maskable), drain and set aside.
2. In a skillet with the slightest bit of oil sautee garlic and onions until almost translucent then add the potatoes and entire can of coconut milk.
3. Add the curry powder and let simmer for a few minutes.
4. Add in the snow peas and sliced green pepper.
5. Let simmer for 5-10 mins and taste. Add more curry if the taste isn't strong enough. (At this point I did add a little bit of coconut milk powder because the curry taste was a little strong).
6. If there is not an apparent sauce happening this is the moment you would add the extra water.
7. Let simmer for a few more minutes if you added more curry/water.
8. Once everything has tightened up a little bit spoon up over some rice and enjoy!

I was blown away with my dinner tonight and I knew that I had to share with recipe! Insanely delicious!!

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions if this is not clear enough!

Be well.
Becki

No comments:

Post a Comment