Pages

Friday 10 May 2013

BEDIM - Day 10... I'm behind, this is normal!

So, I am late to hope this bandwagon... but some of my fav bloggers are doing this so I figured that it was time I got started on this! I have to admit that blogging everyday will be a pretty intense challenge but I am giving it a solid try!! 
 
Day 10: Embarrassing moment.

I really did not think to hard on this one, only because it has stuck with me for years... and years... and years. Though, I have not allowed it to hinder my growth my mind will wander back to this experience pretty often. 

I was about 11 years old and was finally able to attend summer camp for the first time in my life! Everything was going really great and I was enjoying the week of "independence" and one night at dinner I realized that I had to pee pretty badly! I wasn't prepared to miss out on any of the fun and so I chose to hold it (since in order to relieve myself I would have to venture to one of the countless outhouses on the property). I held it through dinner, and through some of the evening festivities to the point where I felt like I would not be able to hold it any longer. At that point I found my friend Nina and asked her to come with me, she agreed and we headed off on the short walk! To by dismay someone was using the outhouse when we arrived and so I waited as patiently as I possibly could. For whatever reason, it felt like an eternity! Suddenly, I felt relief. I knew at that moment there was no way I would be able to stop what was happening... so yes! I wet my pants. To make matters worse, although it was an all girls summer camp the owners of the property had a son (one who thought I was super cute). At the moment I was standing there with a very obvious situation happening down south, he chose to walk past and I did not have the time to scurry away and hide. 

I am sure he doesn't remember this moment, or remember who I am for  that matter! But I assure you, I do not hold it anymore. When I feel the need I take off running!



1 comment:

  1. How horrifying! I'm so glad you've chosen to do this too!!

    ReplyDelete