Pages

Friday 17 May 2013

BEDIM: Day 15/16/17

Another couple days where I fully blew at this! But, thats okay. Days off are the days we can use to catch up, right?

DAY 15: A Day in the life.

To be honest, my days change... all the time! It is the life of a shift worker and sometimes my schedule can be pretty up in the air! Here was Wednesday the 15th though!


My day started out (earlier than my watch claims), I woke up at 4am to get ready to go to work. 


At 5am I hit the road to bike to work!


Since I am habitually early for work I sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather for about 15 mins while I waited for my barista to arrive at work! 


The next 8 1/2 hours are spent in this beauty of a cafe, mind you it is also +30 degrees inside the cafe. Our air conditioner does this funny thing that involves it freezing and shutting off... 



2pm I leave work and bike home to eat some lunch! 


Then I have a shower and prepare for a special coffee/shopping date with one of my lovely friends! I haven't seen her in a week or so and I was itching to give her the graduation gift that I picked out especially for her! (They were some gemstones in a necklace, and she loved them!)


We did a little bit of shopping, even though the both of us her borderline exhausted!


Then we finished off the day by hitting up Remedy downtown so that we could get some delicious take out food. Also, I need everyone to know that this is THE BEST hummus you will ever try in your entire life. 

I went to bed around 11pm that night, I feel the only way I managed to stay up that late was the copious amounts of coffee that I drank throughout the day!

Day 16: My "lot in life"

To be honest, I do not feel like I am hard done by! When I think of the phrase "lot in life" I very much attribute it to people who are unable to catch a break and they end up homeless, or broke, or they lose all their loved ones etc... 

I have to say that I am one lucky lady! Yes, I do have days where I feel a bit negative but in the grande scheme of things I have nothing to complain about at this moment in time. 

In the past I have had speed bumps, but I have always had more than enough support in my life to get over them! I have gone through a pretty severe sickness for a couple of months, an eating disorder, heartbreak, family problems... anything and everything! But the support system I have had is outstanding! 

So, instead of mulling about the things that suck I would like to take the time to thank all of the amazing people that I have in my life! I won't name any names at this juncture because you all know who you are! You all mean the world to me, and I cannot even imagine what my life would be like without all of you. Thank you for everyone who has come in and out of my life (and some of you have come back in again), you have helped to shape me into the woman that I am today! 

Day 17: A favorite photo of myself


Realistically, this is just a very simple photo. There is nothing really special about it, but I have to say at the moment this photograph was taken I knew that I was going to be okay! At this moment I knew that I had moved on, I had took a deep breath and started anew. Maybe there was some hurt still there, but I was using the pain that I felt, and the things I was going to in a positive way! I used my previous experience to make me stronger, smarter and an even better version of myself! I realized at the moment this photo was taken that I didn't need someone in my life who was willing to hurt me, more than I could ever expect someone to hurt you. I realized that no one will love me and respect as much as my friends and family and then it hit me! I was not going to waste my emotional and physical energy being upset! I walked out of my washroom after this was taken (yeah its in the bathroom!) and I have been rocking it ever since! No I am not perfect, yes I have bad days, but! I am all together rocking my life. 

That was kind of a huge ramble, I apologize! But I do believe that I got my point across!! 

Be well :)





1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed that you bike to work! I would love to, but I'm too afraid of riding my bike downtown. Oh yeah, and the whole pregnancy thing.

    Also you are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete