Pages

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Friendship!

Recently I joined a couple of Facebook pages that link me to a number of other vegans in Edmonton. I did this for a number of reasons, but obviously one of the biggest reasons was to grow my "friend base", I don't have a ton of friends but the ones I do I cherish very deeply! At this point in my life I would like to create a network in Edmonton over social media (and maybe real life) of individuals with a similar value system... or just people that I can relate to and people that can relate to me... a support system if you will!

So... then I started thinking about how I want to find a way to connect to all of these people that I didn't really know up until now! I came up with a simple idea... obviously it has probably been done 100+ times before, but I wanted to do it again... just so I can get to know some more people!

It is pretty simple... I'm gonna write a list of 20 things that I feel like people should know and then I will tag a bunch of vegans that I wanna know more! (I feel like most people can think of about 20 things...)

1. Penguins are my all time favorite animal. Some would say obsession.
2. I hate cilantro with every fiber of my being, more than once have I spent more time picking out cilantro than I have eating whatever the cilantro is bastardizing.
3. I have one cat currently... kind of two if we happen to count Jay's cat! We also have a strong desire to get one more cat, which will be hairless and we will name him Winston! (I almost made #8 about cats too... I am am a cat-lady...)
4. I hate pants... I wear them, but it is probably my least favorite activity. I realize far too many people will disagree with me, but leggings are better than pants.
5. Moist is a gross word.
6. I grew up in British Columbia, and I think about going back everyday. Not so much in a "I am going back as soon as I get a chance because I hate it here", kind of way. But, I love visiting anywhere in BC. It is truly where my heart will stay!
7. I prefer to eat my pears and bananas when they are not ripe, once they get to that soft juicy and "super flavor-able" phase, they make me wanna gag! Bring on the rock solid pears and green grainy bananas! I love!
8. I like to drink tea, read books, knit and paint in the evenings/on weekends. I don't do to much partying and drinking anymore, but when I do I feel like I'm 19 - till the next morning.
9. My favorite color is grey, and teal, and red... also I really like black a lot.
10. If I had to pick one card that would always win when played to me for Cards Against Humanity, it would be "Lumberjack Fantasies" - amiright!?
11. I have 5 tattoos, and like 6ish piercings.
12. I pee way more than most people.
13. I probably own more scarves than most people in the world. I am not ashamed!
14. Rarely do I brush my hair.
15. I would choose savory treats over sweet any day of the week.
16. I have been a vegetarian on/off (mostly on) since I was about 16 and a vegan for the past 3(ish?) years now. I am not perfect, but I have come a long way from where I started.
17. Procrasti-cooking is one of my favorite activities.
18. I looovvveee Social Media of all kinds!
19. I would probably die if coffee and mascara did not exist.
20. I would do anything and everything for people! If it is something I can help with, you bet I will be there. I try to live my life giving to other people as often as I am able too... it has gotten me into trouble in the past, but I am working on balance!

So... that is me! I would love to hear from you guys! Please share this and reply via comment, blog post, twitter, instagram - whatever! I just like making new friends and putting personalities to face/names/usernames that I see!

Be Well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment