Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

I'm a convert to Lush Toner!

My most recent purchases at Lush are hands down new favourites, one of them being something that I have recently been converted too!



I have to admit that I was not convinced toner was something that I needed to incorporate into my everyday beauty routine, especially since these days my routine consists of next to nothing! However, when I went to West Edmonton Lush for a free facial I was convinced! They used "Breath of Fresh Air" toner water which comes in a super handy little spray bottle (pretty handy for the lazy lady I have become) and as most of the products I am using, is totally vegan! The combination of sea water, aloe, seaweed and rose is outstanding, and totally great for all skin types (mine is a bizarre combination of oily yet super dry!) Throughout my research I have learned that most elements from the ocean are incredibly beneficial for skin that gets put through the ringer all the time, and I figured I would put it to my own test! For those who know me know that I am huge fan of aloe/seaweed type scents but I am not interested in floral scented products at all and so I was pleasantly surprised that I did not pick up on to much of a rose scent when it was sprayed on my face!
After a couple of different tries I figured out the best way to use this product, so here we go. First wash your face with your most beloved face wash (I will tell you my new fav a little later on in this post) then after your face has dried for a few seconds spray your face (I find 2 sprays work best) a few minutes before you apply face lotion! Make sure after you spray your face you allow it some time to soak in and work its magic before slapping the lotion over top.
I honestly found that my face felt so much fresher immediately, I didn't find my skin felt tight and dry like it normally did! After a couple days of using it I noticed that I was not getting nearly as greasy by the end of the day, my complexion began to even out a little bit and, AND I felt that I didn't need to use as much make up to even out my skin! Such a bonus!
So yes, my name is Becki and I am now addicted to my toner. Not a day goes by that I do not use it and I do not plan on ever running out of toner again!

My other purchase was face wash, I honestly cannot tell you when the last time was that I bought the same face wash more than once. I am always finding new ones, or finding out that the face wash I had was not as cruelty free as I thought that it was. So, I have been switching brands and types pretty frequently. The newest one is 9 to 5 cleansing lotion from Lush.
I love that it is made from almond oil and orchids which give off an amazing smell! Not to florally which I definitely enjoy! It is of course vegan, and one of the few (if only) liquid cleansers that Lush carries. It does not disappoint I will tell you that!
The explanation brags that this is made for the working girl, and for most skin types with the ability to remove all the dirt and make up off your face at the end of the working day! Thus far, it is not lying! The most beautiful part is that a little goes a long way, I usually use about a dime sized amount and can easily clean my whole face and neck! Once I have washed it all off I feel so clean and refreshed and there is no make up left, including mascara! An added bonus was that I am able to clean my fresh tattoos with this because it is so gentle on your skin and doesn't have harsh chemicals or perfumes that can very easily harm sensitive skin.

So, all in all I am so impressed and in love with my new products. I am even considering buying a second bottle of the 9 to 5 when I am finished with this one!
Hello major life commitment!

As soon as my tattoos heal and I am allowed to soak in a bathtub again be ready for my review on a couple of the bath bombs I've been so nicely storing underneath my sink!

Be well
Becki

No comments:

Post a Comment