Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

The secret to delish banana bread... even the critics love it.

As per the request of another one of my lovely friends I have decided to share the ever loved banana bread recipe that I have conjured up! It is a mix between a number of banana bread recipes that I have come across and have found unsatisfactory. I figured what the heck, I will combine the best parts of the great ones and make my own banana bread which if I do say so myself is to die for!

Banana Bread
(Note, I ALWAYS use bananas that have gotten to ripe for my liking and so I froze them. I feel like this is the key!)

4 medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup Earth Balance, softened
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar (or raw sugar)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 pinches of salt

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Mash the bananas (sometimes I put them in the microwave for a few minutes to get them nice and gooey), and then add the butter and sugars then mix till they form a creamy texture.
3. Add in the salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix to combine.
4. Stir in the flour, mixing only until moist.
5. Bake in a greased pan for about 45 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. If you choose to make muffins, cut the baking time in half (but keep a super close eye on them!)
6. Let them rest before you take them out of the pan.

Again, please enjoy! This is one of my favourite and most loved recipes.

Be well.
Becki

1 comment: