Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

A couple favorite recipes of mine!

A friend of mine requested that I post a couple of recipes for her, since she claims I inspired her to make some of her own! I don't know that inspired is the best word, I don't think what I do is especially extraordinary but I am happy to share the delicious things I have created with the rest of the world!

First one is ridiculously easy, and I ALWAYS have the ingredients that I need to make it hanging around my house.

Banana Ice Cream
Ingredients:
6 frozen bananas
2 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tbsp sweetened coconut flakes
1 tsp coconut or vanilla flavor

Steps:
1. Let the bananas defrost for about 20 minutes, this makes them easier to work with.
2. Put the bananas in the food processor one at a time. If you don't own a food processor you will have to use a potato masher or a fork to get them to the proper consistency.
3. Add the remainder of the ingredients and blend until they are a smooth consistency.
4. Taste and make sure it is sweet enough.
5. Put back into the freezer so it becomes frozen solid again!

Try swapping out the coconut for peanut butter, or something else delicious if you want something a little bit different.

The next recipe is one that I found on Pinterest and immediately knew that I had to give it a shot!

Chocolate Coconut Granola

Ingredients:
2 cups of rolled out (I used instant)
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup sliced almonds
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp coconut extract (optional)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp agave nectar
pinch of salt
3 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp water

Steps:
1. Preheat the over to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl stir together oats, coconut, and almonds.
3. In small pot, combine oil, brown sugar, agave nectar, salt, vanilla and coconut extract, cocoa, and water. Heat over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved (about 4 mins).
4. Pour mixture over oats and stir till coated.
5. Cover a baking sheet with foil and pour in oat mixture, press to about 1/2 inch thick.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove granola from oven and press down again.
8. Once granola is completely cool, break into chunks and store in an air-tight container at room temperature.

It is tasty on basically everything!

Let me know if you have any questions, but I hope this is comprehensive enough!

Be well.
Becki


No comments:

Post a Comment